Classic comfort…The term invokes visions of warm blankets, soft slippers, cozy fires, and cups of tea.
Classic comfort food…well, that’s the familiar food of your childhood. It is meat and potatoes, chicken and gravy, casseroles and huge pots of soup. It’s oven fresh bread slathered with butter. Corn bread and beans, bacon and greens. Cream soups and decadent desserts, jello salads and potlucks. It’s the tastes and scents of home. Thus, comfort food is hygge for your stomach.
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne
If that quote resonates with you, certainly this menu is perfect for you.
Classic Comfort Late January Menu
1. Depression Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
2. Beef & Mushroom Ragu, Salad, Rolls
3. Shepherd’s Pie, Rolls
4. Tuscan Skillet, Salad, Baguette
5/6. Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup, Rolls, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
7. Broiled Pizza Burgers, Salad
8. Crispy Onion Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Salad
9. Crack Chicken Chili, Corn Bread, Fritos
10. Chicken w/ Chive Sauce, Rice, Corn
11. Sausage & SauerKraut, Carrots & Celery, Potato Chips
12. Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Carrots & Celery
13. Biscuits and Gravy, Fried Apples
14. Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
15. Zesty Chicken Oregano, Stewed Tomatoes
Black and White Bread Pudding