Classic comfort…The term invokes visions of warm blankets, soft slippers, cozy fires, and cups of tea.
Classic comfort food…well, that’s the familiar food of your childhood. It is meat and potatoes, chicken and gravy, casseroles and huge pots of soup. It’s oven fresh bread slathered with butter. Corn bread and beans, bacon and greens. Cream soups and decadent desserts, jello salads and potlucks. It’s the tastes and scents of home. Thus, comfort food is hygge for your stomach.
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne
If that quote resonates with you, certainly this menu is perfect for you.
Classic Comfort Early July Menu
1. Herb Marinated Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Salad
2. Mini Meatloaves, Roasted Potatoes, Watermelon
3. Stuffed Shells, Baguette, Salad
4. Fettuccine Alfredo, Salad
5. Parmesan Basil Stuffed Chicken, Corn Salad
6. Dijon Grilled Pork Chops, Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad
7. Grilled Brats, Grilled Onions/Green Peppers, Baked Beans, Potato Chips
8. Hamburgers, Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad (Leftover)
10. Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce, Rolls
11. Yogurt Marinated Chicken, Rice, Salad
12. Pizza on the Grill, Watermelon
13. Antipasto Pasta Salad, Cantaloupe
14. Classic Cobb Salad
15. Pork Kabobs, Raspberry Jello Salad
Blueberry Coffee Cake